Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Clear Stamp Issues...

                     I can't be the only one who forgets:


Ok so I was stamping with some clear stamps the other day and ran into an issue.
I stamped it out and good golly it didn't stamp right at all.
It kind of looked like the stamp pad maybe low on ink.
So I re-inked the stamp pad, let it set for a while and tried again.
Nope that didn't fix it.
What to do?
Is it defective? 
Why isn't it stamping right?

Well after throwing a fit, stamping it a bunch of times and considering sending it back.

I remembered that clear stamps have a residue on them that needs cleaned off.
Silly me.
You can use a pink eraser on the entire stamp, then clean it like you normally would
(make sure and stamp it again on scratch paper to try it out)
or
my cheating way.
I ink it up with Stazon Ink, stamp it out until it stamps perfect (4-5 times).
Then clean it with Stazon Cleaner.
I don't know what the Stazon does, maybe dirty it up.
But it always works after my cleaning procedure.

Good luck with your clear stamps.
I thought I would share since I have quite a few in the color box.
Make sure and always try the stamps out on scratch paper before stamping on your image piece.
Especially clear stamps.





3 comments:

Candy said...

Thanks for the tip!
Candy

Lorena said...

Good post! I use the Staz On trick too, even for rubber stamps. I think that it seals in the pours a little ... maybe I'm dreaming, but it works, so keep rolling with it!

Lorena
www.scrapingcorner.blogspot.com

P.S. Love your blog!

Wendy said...

I just bought some new clear stamps and they would not stamp I did what you suggested now it works fine it took to cleans with the stazon and a few practice stamping I would have wasted lots of water colour paper if I hadn't read this so thank you Hun xx
Hugs Wendy